• You are here
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

Thank you Bobby !

#88035 2 years, 9 months ago
www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtub...0d3CeIpE8UuSOzAFDn5g

Gotta say thanks to Bob Weir for his more than exceptional guitar playing. Bob really made it possible for Jerry to let loose and do his thing on that lead guitar. To stand there and be able to hold back like Bob does and pave the way through rythm guitar is just true dedication. I am a guitarist myself and know how a rythm guitar is sacrificing the big thrill of bustin out that rippin lead so the lead guitarist can have a solid foundation to play over. When i played in a reggae band in Santa Cruz, ca for about 6 years, I was able to really learn the real meaning of rythm guitar and just playing my part. In return, the other band members could play off of my solid and dedicated rythm. I rember the singer always saying.."Just skank it Jeff, thats it...just SKANK it mon."
We played at the Ukiah brewery, the Catylyst 2 times and many house parties.
Bob explores rythm guitar outside the box on most tunes...like estimated prophet, the Music never stopped, cassidy, and much more.
I was just noticing here in this video how he is not doing too much and keeping it simple. And yet, it goes so far and of course allows Jerry to just shred the wave Bobby has provided.
If bob is the wave, then Phil is the dolphins, Billy and Mickey the coral, and Brent the sand or the foam....i think its time to 420.
I sound like a Hallmark card gone wrong. You get the gist...!
Goin where that wata tastes like wine, oh Lord I'm going where that water tastes like wine... just dont wanna b treated this ol way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds, PMoondancer , 6StringRider
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

Re: Thank you Bobby !

#88037 2 years, 9 months ago
So Jerry is the surfer..lol !
The following user(s) said Thank You: fourwnds
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

Re: Thank you Bobby !

#161598 2 years, 3 months ago