• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

Re: GREAT VENUES TO CONSIDER for Furthur Summer Tour

#9393 3 years, 4 months ago
wngfan wrote:
the-gorge-400x400.jpg

The Gorge in George, WA. Whos up for a Roadtrip??? Camping.... great view, great sunset. The Dead rocked it in 2009.

No better place to see a show in the country. Hope they play there on the west coast leg
onthebusin03
Junior Boarder

#9394 3 years, 4 months ago
Yep, and depending on the time of year, those may flies are a freaking disaster.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#9396 3 years, 4 months ago
TheWuby wrote:
Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, OH- Outdoors
Buckeye Lake ( I think its called Legend Valley these days) Near Columbus Ohio, Outdoors and camping

I don't know if Buckeye Lake is still open. They have shows every now and then, but not like in the past.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#9401 3 years, 4 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
wngfan wrote:
the-gorge-400x400.jpg

The Gorge in George, WA. Whos up for a Roadtrip??? Camping.... great view, great sunset. The Dead rocked it in 2009.

No better place to see a show in the country. Hope they play there on the west coast leg

wow! Nice! I keep picturing myself rolling down that hill though, and not on purpose either.
redhead deadhead
Junior Boarder

#9402 3 years, 4 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
wngfan wrote:
the-gorge-400x400.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the Gorge is WAY overrated?The views are awesome to be sure,but:
it's in the middle of NOWHERE
the vending/concessions SUCK
the lawns are too steep and far from stage
It's a hard to get around venue
UncleGrizz
Junior Boarder

#9404 3 years, 4 months ago
RFK !

Yeah, right.
You Know it's Gonna Get Stranger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg
TylerTerrapinCurtis
Junior Boarder
Tyler Curtis

Re: GREAT VENUES TO CONSIDER for Furthur Summer To

#9417 3 years, 4 months ago
Wellmont Theatre in Montclair NJ. 2200 capacity. Old Movie theatre fixed up to be beautiful. Been a venue since 07. 25 minute drive from NYC. Buses and Train station .5 miles from venue. Amazing sound. Seated balcony, 4 level gen admission standing lower level.
Great security, a Bowery Presents venue. Disco Biscuits, Levon Helm, Yes, DSO, Greg Allman, David Byrne have played there. DSO brings a big crowd, so the market is there.
Really cool arts mini city/metropollian area scene. Very easy to get there.
Buy the ticket, take the ride..."
ShakedownBlog.com
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#9422 3 years, 4 months ago
times union center 3 nights please or spac !!!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
TheWuby
Junior Boarder
If you get confused just listen to the music play

#9645 3 years, 4 months ago
captaintony wrote:
TheWuby wrote:
Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, OH- Outdoors
Buckeye Lake ( I think its called Legend Valley these days) Near Columbus Ohio, Outdoors and camping

I don't know if Buckeye Lake is still open. They have shows every now and then, but not like in the past.

I havent been there since 1999 when Ratdog and hookah played, it was still buckeye lake then, but Ias far as I know they still have Hookahville there every memorial day (at least this memorial day for 100% sure), Im fairly certain that's why Nelson ledges never really has anything going on for memorial day weekend(relatively close proximity). if you go to hookahville's website, it gives you a link to Legend Valley's website. Cant tell if its the exact same property or size as buckeye lake was, but from what I here it is still a pretty large place. On the history section of the site they mention that the Dead played there in 1988, just thowin' it out there as a possibility
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#9649 3 years, 4 months ago
I gotta keep plugging STAGE AE OUTDOORS IN PITTSBURGH! its seats like 5000, nestled right inbetween PNC Park and Heinz Feild so there are PLENTY of lots for the head to lay claim too. And, there is even a grass LAWN to us to enjoy! Not a parking lot. Not cement. A GRASS LAWN IN DAHNTAHN PIXBURGH!

Since its DAHHTAHN, hotels are near by. Food and bars are near by. And since its owned by Heinz Field, like I said, PLENTY OF LOTS! I bet the music can even be heard in the LOTS!

It'd be a SICK place for a Furthur show!
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Deadhead4Obama.
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds